Our Private School Placement Programme offers you the chance to join a well-established Private Language Institute in one of three locations across Southern China and gain valuable skills and experience useful to any career path.
Working closely alongside experienced and committed foreign and Chinese colleagues, you will be responsible for planning and leading your own classes to groups of approximately 15 students. Your school will provide you with a detailed curriculum and classroom resources, but there is plenty of room for creativity in how you teach. In most cases, you will almost always have a Mandarin-speaking assistant to support you in the classroom.
The schools we work with have achieved great success and an outstanding reputation both within China and among the foreign teacher community. They demonstrate their commitment to their staff through training, support and guidance, enabling them to provide high-quality English classes to enthusiastic and motivated students.
With our Private School Placements, you will not only develop your skills as a teacher, but also get the chance to progress to other roles within the business. A private school placement is a life-changing experience that could open all kinds of opportunities to you!
Initially, you will need to cover the cost of your visa application and administration fees (£400-£500*) and your flights (£400-£800). These will be reimbursed in full by your school once you have begun your placement.
* Visa rules for foreign workers in China have undergone significant changes in the past year. All applicants wishing to obtain a work visa must now legalise their degree certificate and police background check. The cost of this can vary, which is why the visa admin fees outlined here are so high. Though, as stated above, our private school partners will reimburse all of these costs.
|Departure Month||Application Deadline|
|November 2017||1st August 2017|
|February 2018||1st November 2017|
|May 2018||1st February 2018|
|August 2018||1st May 2018|
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we advise applying early to secure your preferred location.
Private school teachers receive a generous salary of 8,000 RMB – 13,000 RMB per month. Schools that do not provide accommodation also offer a living stipend of approx. 2,000 RMB (depending on location).
You must also:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree by the time you begin the placement
- Have completed a 120-hour TEFL by the time you begin the placement
- Demonstrate a commitment to teaching
- Possess good time management skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
No previous teaching experience or knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- Pre-departure and ongoing support
- Visa support and guidance
- Access to our Lesson Plan Library
- Private Facebook group with other candidates
Successful candidates will be invited for a telephone interview, which will be followed by a Skype interview with your preferred school.
Once you have been accepted onto the programme, you will receive information from Teach English In China to help you prepare.